Thursday, April 06, 2006



I don't think I like Eric being out of town. Sure, I'm left with a lot of free time, but I just don't know how to fill it.

So I end up staying at work. Sad, isn't it? I know I should use the time to work on my writing, but for some reason, I just can't put pen to paper. Or rather, fingers to keyboard. My story is at a standstill. I don't get it. *sigh*

But I'm getting a buttload of editing done, which I guess is almost just as good. But I really need to start moving forward if I'm gonna finish in time for RWA National. And that's my goal. To finish. And pitch, pitch, pitch!

I got some really good feedback in the Best Five Pages on Romance Divas, so that's good. Actually, it's better than good. I'm inspired. They love me! They really love me! I actually got told by some people who know the genre that my scene was as good or better than what they've seen published. Wow!!!!! (OK, I love exclamation points, a habit that Gina and Babe can't seem to break me of.) So yeah, I better get cracking and finish the ms.

I wish Eric would be home, though. I miss him. Is that dorky of me to say? OK, we're pathetic, but this is the first time since May that we've been apart, and that was just for 4 days whereas this will be 7. And before that, we hadn't been apart more than a night in more than a year and a half. We're those adorably cute newlyweds who are always together, I know. Sad part is we're probably not even newlyweds anymore. We've been married for more than 2 years. Whoa--has it really been that long?

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 2:23 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------