Friday, May 12, 2006



Yikes! Has it really been 10 days since I've last been here? Man, I've been busy and distracted...

I've gotten to 65,000 words in my novel and I'm thrilled! I had wanted to be further along but honestly, I'm surprised I'm even this far. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's exciting. :) I WILL FINISH! I WILL TYPE THE END!

I'm getting excited for my trip to Alaska. My hubby and I are leaving 2 weeks from today to fly to Seattle for a cruise. The cruise leaves on Saturday, May 27 and we cruise through the Inside Passage on Sunday. Then on Monday we stop at Ketchikan, AK where Eric and I plan to go to Totem Bight State Historical Park, the Deer Mountain Hatchery and Eagle Center, and possibly the Totem Heritage Center, in addition to just walking around town. The next day we stop at Juneau, where we're going to hike up Mt. Roberts and see the incredible view from the top, as well as the exhibits up there, then take the Mt. Roberts Tramway down. Afterwards, we're taking a bus tour of Juneau, including a visit to the Mendenhall Glacier. That afternoon, after we board the ship again, we cruise through Tracy Arm Fjord to see the wildlife and magnificent scenery, including North Sawyer Glacier and South Sawyer Glacier.

On Wednesday we'll stop at Skagway, AK. Eric and I will take the White Pass and Yukon Route Railway through a scenic stretch of forest and mountains to the Denver Trailhead, where we'll hike through the forest to a boulder field. We're not going to try to make it all the way to the Denver glacier, but I understand we can see the glaicer from the start of the boulder field. Then we'll take the train back to town and spend the rest of the afternoon looking around Klondike Gold Rush National Park and maybe go to the Days of '98 musical revue. Finally, on Thursday we stop at Prince Rupert, British Columbia where we'll be doing a bike tour of the city and surrounding area, and then we plan to go to the Museum of Northern British Columbia.

Our ship gets back to Seattle on Saturday, June 3, but we're staying in Seattle for a couple of days to sightsee. I hear it's a great city! Anyway, I'm totally psyched about this trip. I just hope my knee isn't still acting up. :(

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 7:22 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------