Wednesday, June 14, 2006



If you, like me, are a fan of train wreck TV, you might want to watch Jay Leno tonight. Ann Coulter and George Carlin are the guests. That ought to be interesting.

Speaking of Coulter, I was at a party Friday night and I noticed that my friend (who has a very eclectic and impressive bookshelf) had a copy of Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" so I picked it up and skimmed through. I read the chapter on Ann Coulter. Good stuff. You gotta love a book with a title like that. Of course, I'm sure that anyone who's read my blog or knows me in real life would know that I'm not exactly a Republican.

Speaking of me not being a Republican, anyone else think it was funny to see Karl Rove smiling and waving when it was announced that he won't be indicted? He looked like he was about to throw himself a party. "Hey, look at me! I'm not getting indicted! Whoopee!" Even his aides looked super smug in the pictures. I hate that Machiavellian SOB and I'm sorry that he won't be going down but I'm hoping that Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerlad has bigger fish to fry. At a minimum, he'll be trotting out a laundry list of current and former top officials from the Bush admin to testify in the Libby trial. I'd personally love to see Cheney go down. Is it bad to admit that on here? Should I expect an FBI file now?

Anyway, instead of writing like a good little girl, I plopped my butt down on the couch last night after work and read. I finished up THE DEVIL IN THE JUNIOR LEAGUE. Seriously good stuff. Kinda like a cross between "Desperate Housewives," "A Southern Belle Primer (or why Princess Margaret will never be a Kappa Kappa Gamma)," Jane Austen's "Emma," and "My Fair Lady." Freaking hilarious. You should buy it when it's released.

So now that I'm done with that one I can start reading my friend Shelli Stevens' book TOURIST ATTRACTION. I've been waiting to read that one for months. Can't wait!

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 8:22 AM :: 7 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------