Monday, July 17, 2006



Hazy, hot and humid...

For anyone with curly hair like mine, those are the three dreaded H words.

Needless to say, I've pretty much been living in ponytails and hair pinned up for several weeks now. I know maybe it would be better if I cut my hair, but nah. I like it long, and if it was shorter (like chin length or right between chin and shoulder) then I'd need to style it every day and couldn't pull it up in a bun for dance class.

Anyway, it's supposed to be a scorcher today. It was 72 when I left the apartment this morning, but the heat index made it feel much hotter. It's 87 now at just before 10 am. Supposed to get up to 99, with 70% humidity, and zero chance of precipitation. Translation? HOT AS HELL.

It's days like these that make me glad to be a girl. We have many more acceptable options for hot-weather attire than do guys. We can wear sleeveless tops without looking like Guido at the pizza parlor (I am so not a fan of sleeveless shirts on men). We can also have bare legs in the office (sorry guys, shorts aren't office appropriate, whereas skirts are).

True, I spend all day inside the a/c, but I have a 10-minute walk between my apartment and the Metro stop, and a 7-minute walk between work and the Metro stop, so that's 17 minutes outside on each end of the commute. I felt sorry for Eric, who was wearing long pants.

But not sorry enough to join him. Nope, I'm wearing a skirt and a strappy top, and open-toed shoes. Women's clothes are just superior to men's in so many ways...

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 6:59 AM :: 8 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------