Friday, July 14, 2006



Here's a picture of me and my husband, Eric, on the fireworks cruise we took with my parents on the Fourth of July. He's a cutie, huh?

Yeah, I think I'll keep him.

Bet you can't guess his age.

No, he's not 20. He's 34. I know, I know. He doesn't look it, but he is.

Do I look my age (29)? I think I do, but then occasionally someone will think I'm a teenager.

About a year and a half ago, I was in the post office, mailing out resumes for federal judicial clerkships. I had on sweats and my hair was in a ponytail. I admit, I wasn't exactly looking my cutest, but I didn't care. I needed to get those things mailed.

Anyway, the guy at the counter looked down at my envelopes and said something like, "Oh, my daughter is on her high school mock trial team, too! What school do you go to?"

Um, what? I asked what he was talking about. He repeated the question, asking me what high school I attend. I finally answered, "I graduated from high school almost 10 years ago."

He looked shocked and said "Oh, I'm sorry! I saw all those envelopes and thought it was for mock trial." I was like, "Uh, no. I'm a lawyer."

And about 5 years ago, I went to my brother's graduation from UVA. He was the star of the philosophy department (incientally, he's about to start a PhD program in philsophy at Stanford this fall, so he'll actually be a Doctor of Philosophy in Philosophy) and was going to Yale Law School that fall. I was talking to one of his professors and he said something like, "Do you think you'll want to go to college one day?" in this very patronizing tone. I was 24 at the time. I looked right at him and said, "Yes, I'm his older sister and I'm starting law school in the fall."

Apparently he thought I looked about 15 or 16. WTF?

*sigh* I guess I'll really appreciate it one day.

So, who watched "So You Think You Can Dance" last night? Did you agree with who got kicked off???? I've been saying for weeks now that Ashley should go, so it was no surprise they sent her home last night. As for Musa, well, I don't know. In my mind, it was a toss-up between him and Dmitri.

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 9:12 AM :: 23 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------