Wednesday, July 12, 2006



Like online gambling? If you live in the US, soon you may not be able to do any.

The House passed legislation Tuesday that would prevent gamblers from using credit cards to bet online and could block access to gambling Web sites.

What does this have to do with my blog or writing? Not much, just that I remember taking a meeting last year with a lobbyist who wanted such legislation and my boss (a Congressman who shall not be named) didn't think there would be any support in the Congress for it so it didn't go anywhere. So it surprised me that less than a year later it passed.

Ah yes. I used to be a legislative counsel on Capitol Hill, as is the heroine of my recent Bites release SHE'S GOT LEGS. And my soon-to-be-finished chick lit wip, FROM MISS BITCH TO MRS. RICH, features 4 female law students in DC. And in my currently unnnamed wip novella, my heroine is a lawyer who doesn't want to be a lawyer anymore (she wants to be a pastry chef). Not to mention that I'm considering writing a chick lit legal thriller featuring, yup, you guessed it. A heroine who's a lawyer.

Hmmm...I see a trend here. But maybe I'll just consider it my trademark. LOL! (Dumb joke, considering I'm a trademark attorney in real life.)

What about you? What professions are your characters? Do you ever recycle professions? Do your characters resemble you in any way, from the job to other characteristics?

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 5:35 AM :: 12 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------