Tuesday, September 12, 2006



An Interview with Miranda Heart

It's Tuesday, so you know what that means...time for my next interview with a FB author! Today we're chatting with Miranda Heart, author of THE INSUBORDINATE, a Bites piece available from Freya's Bower.

WARNING: Today's author writes BDSM erotica, which is not appropriate for children under the age of 18.

Amanda: Welcome Miranda. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Miranda: Lets see. Where to start. I'm 29 with a husband and one toddler. I have my own BDSM review site as it is one of the things I'm very passionate about in my life. I've done every odd job America has offer until I became pregnant and sitting at home eating ice cream all day became more appealing.

I have one divorce behind me, yet somehow we've stayed great friends. I moved out when I was seventeen to rent my own place. I have two younger sisters who live close by. My cat is my second baby. And when my brain is fried and I need a break, I cross stitch or pretend I know how to sew.

My favorite thing to do when I'm in a bad mood is bake and cook. But, I work all this off by cycling with my daughter, taking walks in the park or chasing little girl around the house all day.

Amanda: It sounds like you definitely keep busy. When and how did you begin writing?

Miranda: Somewhere around the age of eight, I wrote my first short story. I believe it was about an elephant.

Amanda: An elephant? Hmmm...I bet I wrote one of those, too. Anyway, jumping forward to your career as an adult, how did THE INSUBORDINATE get its start?

Miranda: It was actually meant as a side snippet for my husband and welcome break away from romance writing. Don't get me wrong, I love the genre, but there are times when I can't get my brain out of the gutter. When I found out Freya's Bower was looking for short submissions I turned it into two short stories.

Amanda: Where do you get your inspirations?

Miranda: Most of my inspirations come when I'm cleaning. The house is quiet and who really needs to focus on mopping?

Amanda: LOL! Very true.

Miranda: Otherwise, I might hear a conversation and turn it into something it never started out being. Sometimes, I'll watch something on t.v and seeing the lifestyle of another country might give me an idea for a story written two hundred years before that time. It's quite amazing how little everyday things we never think about turn into novel ideas.

Amanda: What genres do you most enjoy reading? Writing?

Miranda: My absolute favorite has always been historical romance. I've written three historicals, but they need rewrites of which I have no time to be rewriting 100k manuscripts right now. So currently I'm working on my second favorite, which is BDSM Erotica.

Amanda: Who are your favorite authors?

Miranda: To be completly honest, I have no favorite authors. I feel to have a favorite would limit reading well written novels. And with all the novels being produced today I have found I enjoy the surprise of reading and getting to know different types of characters and author voices.

Amanda: What are you reading at the moment?

Miranda: At the moment my computer is filled with BDSM Erotica as that is the review site I just opened. And I'm reading Desiree Erotique's Disciples of Pleasure.

Amanda: What are you working on right now?

Miranda: I just opened a new file for a Master/slave story that I have been dying to write for ten years. At the beginning of the story it had little to no direction. While mopping my floors last week, I found the idea of writing about a Turkish slave woman who moves to America to be a much more fascinating read. I couldn't be more excited to start this story.

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 10:22 AM :: 7 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------