Tuesday, September 12, 2006



An Ode to Tucker Carlson, or Why I'm Strangely Obsessed With Him

By now, most of my regular readers should have probably guessed that I fall on the left side of the political spectrum. I'm not a "flaming liberal" (although I have no problem whatsoever with the term or being called it...however, I'm actually more conservative on some issues than most people would guess...I just come down on the liberal side on way more issues than on the conservative side), but I'm definitely left-of-center...very left-of-center, I admit.

And that's what makes this crush so odd. I'm not sure why, but I have this weird unexplainable fascination with bow-tie-wearing conservative commentator, Tucker Carlson. Maybe it's my tendancy to fall for smart, hot nerds. Or maybe the fact that I find policy wonkism sexy. Who knows.

It makes me feel dirty, though, because I disagree with pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth. If he would justt keep his mouth shut, then he'd be cool, but the second he opens it he ruins the fantasy. Oh well.

Anyway, the reason Tucker Carlson is the subject of my post today is because he's one of the "stars" on this season's "Dancing with the Stars," which begins tonight. Those of you who are regular readers of this blog know that there are a few things I love in life...dancing, reality shows, and politics. So maybe that's what's behind my fascination with Tucker. :)

Anyway, watch "Dancing with the Stars" tonight. Why? Well, my YA ms that I'm shopping to agents currently is a mystery that takes place behind the scenes of a teen version of this show, so I want the ratings high so I'm more likely to sell! LOL! Just kidding...you should watch because ballroom dancing is cool. And because you'll get to see Tucker Carlson and Emmet Smith strutting their stuff. How funny is that?

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 1:03 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------