Thursday, September 07, 2006



Taking the Day Off

I'm doing something today that I rarely do...stay home from work and actually take time off. OK, sure, I take time off when I go on vacation and I have annual leave built up, but generally I "flex" around my time off. One of the perks of working for the federal gov't is that by law you can't work more than 80 hours per biweek, so if you work 10 hour days then you get one day off per week. So I work 8:30-7 Monday through Thursday and then take Fridays off.

Well, today is Thursday and I'm home. And I refuse to flex around this and come in tomorrow instead, either. I'm actually taking a sick day. It was my husband's idea. I felt like a$$ all day yesterday with allergies so he suggested that I take the day off.

It's LOVELY.

Oh, and before I forget...the direct link to the mass author chat on THIS IS CHICK LIT is right here: http://www.romancedivas.com/divaforum/index.php?showtopic=12775

It technically begins tomorrow, but a few authors have already begun fielding questions. Hope to see you there!

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 7:32 AM :: 7 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------