Friday, October 27, 2006



I Need a Title...

I got an idea for a new book I want to write...but not until I finish the book I already am planning to write for NaNo. That one is the sequel to my YA mystery. I need to write that one since I've been calling my YA mystery Book 1 in a series, so well, yeah, I need a series. And I have it plotted so, yeah. Need to write that.

But ever since I watched the 1998 remake of Great Expectations Sat nite with the hubby, I've been toying around with the idea of rewriting a classic to update it. I loved the 1998 remake (the one with Gwynneth Paltrow and Ethan Hawke) because it took Dickens' novel and set it in 1970s-1990s Florida and NYC. And it really worked.

And two of my all-time fave movies are updated Jane Austen classics (Clueless, which is Emma set in mid-1990s LA, and Bridget Jones' Diary, which is Pride and Prejudice set in late 1990s London). But then again, I've always been a huge Jane Austen fan. Love Jane. She's fabulous. I think we'd totally get along if she were living today.

So I'm toying with the idea of writing my own updated version of Little Women, set in 2000s Arizona (just because I miss AZ and want to set a book there and to date, eveything else I've written seems to get set in DC).

But I don't want to call it Little Women. So I need a title. And since I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to titles, I've decided to run a contest.

Help me name my wip! From now until Thanksgiving, I'll be taking suggestions for titles, both here or by email (amandabrice at myway dot com). If I decide to use your title for my wip, then you'll win a prize pack of Christmas books! Just in time to get you in the spirit!

The prize will consist of the following titles:

The Eggnog Chronicles by Carly Alexander (Kensington Strapless, 2004)
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Jenna Lawrence (Kensington Zebra, 2005)
Christmas Wishes by Shiloh Walker (Ellora's Cave, 2004)

Thanks and good luck!

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 1:18 PM :: 12 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------