Tuesday, October 31, 2006



An Interview with Damien Roth

You'll have to wait until next week to purchase the FB releases of this week's author, Damien Roth. His first FB title, LOVE NOTES, will be released on November 7. His second, THE CASE OF HEART V. MIND, will be right on the heels of that, probably the week after.

Amanda: Welcome Damien. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Damien: I'm old enough to know better, not as young as I used to be, etc... I live in a small house with my wife, my dog, and my typical suburban neighbors. If any of them knew those stories they were reading were mine...[sinister laugh]

Amanda: Ahh, a pen name. Aren't that the greatest thing? LOL! Anyway, how did you begin writing?

Damien: I've been writing since I was old enough to pick up apencil. In third grade, I managed to 'publish' my first piece in the fifth-grade newsletter, and my teachers began to encourage me to keep writing. Since then, I've written at least a little something almost every day.

Amanda: LOVE NOTES and THE CASE OF HEART V. MIND are both set in a law firm. Why a law firm? What interests you in this area?

Damien: Well, I've worked in the legal world for a number ofy ears, and they're people just like everyone else. I try to write what I know, rather than trying to imagine a locale I've never seen. It lets me focus more on the story than the details of the location.

Amanda: How did these two stories come about?

Damien: I've worked in law firms before, and I realized that even "boring, stuffy lawyers" (and all people in the legal profession) can have crazy, exciting sex lives. I just wanted to tell a few stories. I love telling stories...

Amanda: Hey, watch it with the "boring, stuffy lawyers" comment...I resemble that remark! And so do a few of my regular readers! LOL! What's your favorite genre to write or read?

Damien: I prefer to write erotica -- it lets me get inside characters' heads and show their deepest, most primal thoughts and emotions. As for reading, I tend to gravitate toward horror and the supernatural (although I never write much erotic supernatural fiction), but I'll read anything I can get my hands on. I've been rude at more than one family gathering...having my nose buried in a book.

Amanda: Oh, haven't we all? If you had to get rid of all the books on yourshelf except for those on one author, who would you keep around?

Damien: Stephen King. I own all but four of his published works.

Amanda: What are you working on next?

Damien: I have two more stories set in the legal world thatI'm finishing up, and then I'm starting on an erotic romance western.

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 5:56 AM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------