Monday, October 23, 2006



I've Been Tagged!

Thanks to Tara (www.taramleigh.blogspot.com), I don't actually have to think of a post for today! Thanks Tara!

The purpose of this is to list 5 of your personal experiences so that we can always have a network of people to go to when we need interesting stories/research for our books.

So, without further ado...

* My coolest summer job ever was as a Protocol Officer and Hostess at the Summer Olympics in Atlanta in 1996. I was based at the "Olympic Family Hotel" (the Marriott Marquis at Peachtree Center, where all the foreign dignitaries stayed) and my office dealt with the questions of who got priority over whom for ticket distributions (should Chelsea Clinton get these free tickets to gold medal gymnastics or should Price William?) and occasionally, I also got to work the VIP sections at sporting events.

* I used to compete on the intercollegiate level in Dancesport. (That's what you officially refer to ballroom and latin when it's competitive.) My best dances were the latin dances. I did a mean jive...

* I've had 18 different addresses in 29 years, living in such places as Maine, South Carolina, New Jersey, North Carolina, Georgia, France, the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Arizona.

* I used to be a counsel for a Congressman and sometimes dream of going back to the Hill. It's looking more and more like there'll be a shuffling of power come November, so maybe I will go back (my old boss is likely to become Chairman of his committee).

* I was a "flyer" in cheerleading when I was in junior high and high school. I got dropped on my shoulder (then hit my head) in 8th grade and I now have nerve damage and a pinched nerve in my left shoulder as a result of it.

Okay, enough about me. I wanna hear about you. I'm tagging Debbie Mumford, M.E. Ellis, Trish Ryan, Lillian Feisty, and Alyssa Goodnight.

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 5:37 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------