Tuesday, October 10, 2006





So Cold...

I was out of town this weekend at my husband's cousin's wedding. We had a lovely time, but man, was it cold at night! When I checked the weather ahead of time, to decide what to pack, I saw it was supposed to be in high 70s in Knoxville, TN all weekend. Guess I missed the fact that it would get down to the 40s at night. I guess that's what happens in the mountains.

So anyway, my sole warm clothes were jeans and a fleece. And since jeans aren't exactly appropriate attire for a wedding or a rehearsal dinner, I pretty much froze in my little dresses. I brought three. I ended up not wearing the one I planned to wear to the wedding, because it was a halter dress and would be way too cold, even with a pashmina wrap over it.

I ended up putting the fleece over the dresses, which, let me tell you, is such a sexy look. Ugh, I felt so dumb, but it was the best I could do. I held off as long as I could, but the reception was outdoors in a tent...with no space heaters. But hey, at least I was dressed up. Some of the bridesmaids changed into jeans and sweatshirts after dinner!

Anyway, in honor of cold weather, up at the top of the post is a picture from our Alaska trip from a few months ago, since I forgot to post it then.

For those of you who are wondering where this week's interview is, it will be TOMORROW instead of TODAY, even though it's Tuesday. Sorry for the scheduling problem! Check back tomorrow for an interview with Karen Frontain, an editor with Freya's Bower.

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 7:16 AM :: 11 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------