Tuesday, November 07, 2006



Have you voted yet?

I apologize to my Canadian, Australian, and UK readers. You can tune out now.

No, I don't want to know who you voted for (unless you really, really feel like sharing...I think it's pretty obvious who I didn't vote for here in Virginia). But I really hope you've either voted, or will be voting later today.

It's a priviledge and a responsibility not to be taken lightly. In countries all over the world, millions line up for days for the right to cast a vote after living in tyranny for years. Yet, in the US, we seem to forget that and take our right to vote for granted. For crying out loud, more Americans voted in the American Idol finals than in the last election. That's pretty darn pathetic for the greatest democracry in the world.

So, go vote, if you haven't. It's 45 minutes or so out of your life. No biggie. And yet it can really make such a difference.

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 10:35 AM :: 8 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------