Friday, November 24, 2006



I Love Leftovers...

Happy Black Friday! Did everyone have a nice Thanksgiving? I did. My parents came down here and stayed at our apartment. My dad went to the Capitals game with my husband Wed night, and my mom went out with me for tapas. Then yesterday, for the big meal, we ordered a "Holiday Essentials" banquet from Boston Market. It was really good, and a great deal. I made a pecan pie and a baked brie and my mom made a pumpkin chocolate cheesecake and green bean casserole to supplement our takeout.

Anyway, like most other Americans, we have tons of leftovers today. What are you doing with yours? My dad boiled the turkey carcass last night and we made soup. I froze one of the batches of soup stock, so I'll have more in about a month from now, but that's dinner for us tonight. We had a really late lunch at a Mexican place this afternoon (after a trip to the National Gallery to see the Rembrandt, Constable, and Matisse exhibits), so we won't be having a huge dinner tonight. My husband and I will probably have Thanksgiving dinner leftovers tomorrow after my parents have gone home.

Anyway, we made the soup and it smells delicious, but that's about it. I probably won't be making the leftovers into other dishes, just because I'm too lazy. I'm perfectly content to make "Thanksgiving sandwiches" for the next few days.

What about you?

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 3:38 PM :: 9 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------