Friday, November 10, 2006



An Interview with FB author Aurelia Abbott

Amanda: Tell us something about yourself.

Aurelia: Aurelia Abbott is actually a pen name. My great grandmother's name was Aurelia and I've always loved it. When discussing child names with my husband, I suggested Aurelia (which he quickly vetoed). He told me it sounded like a romance writer and ta da -- a romance writer was born!

Amanda: Too funny! How did you begin writing?

Aurelia: I've always written stories. It was a good way to entertain myself and my friends in grade school. After an extended absence from writing, I started again in 1999 and haven't looked back.

Amanda: What genres do you like to write? to read?

Aurelia: I enjoy writing paranormal (aliens, witches, sci-fi, vampires, etc.). I love to read the same genre though I do enjoy a good Regency or historical now and again.

Amanda: What author has inspired you the most?

Aurelia: Hmm...that's a tough one. I think I'm inspired by all of the up and coming writers I've met through Romance Divas. Some of them work so darn hard! To have that kind of instant support is really encouraging.

Amanda: I love RD, too! It's such a great network. What do you like most about working with small presses like Freya's Bower?

Aurelia: I'm working on a ton of things for November but I really hope to finish my demon urban fantasy novella soon. I'm also working on a sequel to my vampire short story available with Mardi Gras Publishing, and a futuristic novella. The rest are just characters talking in my head!

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 1:23 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------