Wednesday, November 01, 2006



I've Got an Agent...

I almost typed "I've Got Agents," but really, that's true. :) By signing with my agent, I actually get all three of the agents in the agency.

I was fortunate to have several agents, some of whom could legitimately be considered "superagents," reading my full after I told them I already had an offer on the table. But in the end, I decided to go with the agent who'd called me last Monday and made that initial offer.

That agent is Kelly Ferrara of Book Cents Literary Agency! This is a brand new agency, and I'm one of their first fiction clients (they have sales in non-fiction and currently have a couple of bidding wars going on for two of their fiction clients), along with Kari Townsend (www.karileetownsend.blogspot.com).

Why Book Cents? Well, despite only being in business for just over 1 month, this agency is super organized and incredibly enthusiastic. They really have their act together and are HUNGRY. And they've spent the time making contacts on the ground with dedicated networking for over 3 years before they opened their doors. Kelly has over 20 years' experience in PR and marketing, including extensive experience with publishers while she worked in television. Even though they're a new agency, what got me was their creative ideas and their enthusiasm, which was contagious! They actually got me even more excited about my book than I already was. I've chatted with both Kelly and Christine, and I really feel like I clicked with them. They "get" my book, and they love it, and that's half the battle!

They'll be sending out my book immediately and will be in NYC next week to talk me up!

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 6:44 AM :: 13 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------