Thursday, January 25, 2007



A Conversation with Bebe Thomas

We're coming into the home stretch of the Interview Marathon, which means (drum roll, please)...ta-da! It's only ONE WEEK until the long-awaited release of the Dreams & Desires charity anthology, featuring stories from all of the authors I'v been interviewing, plus one from me, too.

And one week from tonight, join us all in Gemma Halliday's chat room for a fun-filled launch party, complete with fun and games and a chance to win cool door prizes, such as ARCs of the authors' upcoming releases, or signed copies of their current releases. It's all happening from 8-10 pm EST/5-7 pm PST, Thursday, February 1 at www.gemmahalliday.com, so mark your calendars now!

Anyway, today I'm chatting with Bebe Thomas.

Amanda: Welcome Bebe. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Bebe: Hmmm. I'm never really sure how to answer this question. I'm a 30-something wife and step-mom. I was born in New York, raised in Florida, and currently reside in Philadelphia. Like many authors, I have a day job - one that I love - as a corporate trainer for a Fortune 500 company. I haven't had much spare time lately, but when I find some, you will find me vegging out at the beach.

Amanda: Your story in the charity anthology is titled "The Wedding Policy." What is it about?

Bebe: The Wedding Policy is a story about the meaning of love set in 1940's Kentucky. The heroine, Belle, wants to marry Charlie, but her wealthy, autocratic father intends to choose each of his daughters' husbands. Does true love prevail in the end?

Amanda: How did you get involved with this project and what persuaded you to participate?

Bebe: One of the Freya's Bower associate editors, Heather, approached me about the project last summer. After I told her I was definitely interested, I was invited to participate by Marci Baun, the Editor-in-Chief. Donating my story to the anthology was a no-brainer for me, I wanted to do my part to help.

Amanda: Who are your favorite authors and what is your favorite genre?

Bebe: I absolutely love Elizabeth Berg, Elizabeth Adler, Nora Roberts and Frank McCourt. And I love discovering new authors, too - I'm honored to be included in the anthology with such wonderful writers. As far as genre goes - I'm fickle - I like a little bit of everything!

Amanda: AURORA's PASSION was your popular first release (a Freya's Bower Bestseller). Can you tell us a bit about that one?

Bebe: Sure. Here's the official blurb.

Kris Anderssen is having a bad week. She lost her dream job and her lover on the same day and is in danger of losing her swanky New York apartment. She's regrouping by spending the Thanksgiving holiday in Aurora, her hometown. It's anything but relaxing. Her grandmother won't stop talking about the Northern Lights, the goddess Freya, and Norwegian Folklore. Plus, Kris is more conflicted than ever, finding herself caught in a love triangle between her hot former boyfriend and her sexy best friend. She has feelings for each man; how can she possibly choose between them?

Amanda: What's next for Bebe Thomas?

Bebe: I'm finishing up Aurora's Promise, the prequel to Aurora's Passion. Actually, "The Wedding Policy" inspired Aurora's Promise, which is Kris's grandmother's love story and is set in Norway and Sweden during World War II. Karin Lindstrom is a member of the Norwegian resistance, much to her Parliamentarian father's chagrin. When Norway is invaded by the Nazi's, Karin must make a difficult choice in order to save her family. Lots of intrigue and a love triangle in this one!

Thanks, Amanda. It's been wonderful chatting with you!

Amanda: You're welcome, Bebe, and thank you! That sounds like a very interesting story, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for it!

Stop in this weekend for the end of our interview series. Tomorrow I'm chatting with Emily Veinglory, Saturday with Sasha White, Sunday with Lois Winston, Monday with Shaunna Wolf, and Tuesday with Kit Wylde.

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 6:48 AM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------