Thursday, January 18, 2007



A Conversation with Candace Havens

Welcome back to Amanda's Interview Marathon! It's Day 6, so we're chatting with Candace Havens today.

Amanda: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Candace: Hi, I'm Candy Havens. I'm the author of the Charmed series including Charmed & Dangerous, Charmed & Ready and the upcoming Charmed & Deadly (Berkley, June 2007). I'm also a syndicated entertainment columnist, which means I interview celebrities for a living. Oh, and I wrote the biography "Joss Whedon: The Genius Behind Buffy." I'm the mom of two teen boys and I do film reviews for a radio station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Amanda: What a cool job! Your story charity anthology is titled "The Velvet Mask." What is it about?

Candace: It's about a couple who meet at a Valentines' masquerade party. She doesn't realize she knows who he is under the mask, but he know who she is the instant she walks in the door.

Amanda: How did you get involved in this project and why did you want to participate? They called and I said, "Of course." I'm all about empowering women and womens' rights. My books, through a fun way, carry that theme. When I found out the proceeds would help battered women, there's no way I could say no.

Amanda: Congratulations on your debut novel, CHARMED & DANGEROUS being a double Rita nominee! Can you tell us what this series is about?

Candace: Thank, you. The RITA noms were very exciting. The Charmed & Dangerous series is about powerful witch named Bronwyn who protects the British Prime Minister, rock stars and other clients. She's kind of a mystical body guard. She travels the world, but home base is Sweet, Texas, a magical town. She has the hots for Dr. Sam, who is the town doctor. The second book in the series "Charmed & Ready" is out now.

Amanda: What's next for Candace Havens?

Candace: "Charmed & Deadly" comes out in June, and I'm writing a spin off book about Bronwyn's best friend Kira.

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 4:49 AM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------