Wednesday, January 10, 2007



A Conversation With Jenna Bayley-Burke

Welcome to my Dreams & Desires Interview Party! To help promote the upcoming release of our charity anthology, Dreams & Desires, I'm spending the next 18 days chatting with some of the other authors included in the collection.

Why 18 days? Well, there are 19 authors in the anthology, and I'm one of them. Since it would be incredibly weird to interview myself (and well, I already talk about myself too much as it is!), I'm just gonna chat with the other 18.

You can order your copy of Dreams & Desires here: http://www.freyasbower.com/content/view/132/1/

The launch date is February 1, but it's available for presale now. Order now if you want to make sure you've got your copy by Valentine's Day! All net proceeds will be donated durectly to a battered women's shelter in Florida.

Anyway, without any further ado, meet Jenna Bayley-Burke!

Amanda: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Jenna: I love chocolate and am currently on a diet, which makes for an interesting mood. I live in the Pacific Northwest with my high school sweetheart and our two blueberry eyed boys, one who's decided he's never learning to read, and the other who's stated he'll never use the potty. I need chocolate!

Amanda: LOL! Sounds like you've got your hands full. How did you get involved with this project and what motivated you to participate?

Jenna: I was invited to contribute a story by a friend, who hand picked this particular tale. Once I heard the reason behind the anthology, I was honored to be included.

Amanda: Your story "The Forest for the Trees" is about an expected proposal. Tell us a little bit about the story.

Jenna: Men never say what they mean, and we're left trying to fill in between the lines. The story is about the two differing ideas of the perfect moment in a relationship.

Amanda: How do you like writing for Mills & Boon?

Jenna: What's not to like? So far, I have two romance novels out with their Modern Extra series in the UK, and Sexy Sensation line in Australia. Hopefully the books will be available in the US next year.

Amanda: Ooh, that would be so great to be able to buy them here in the stores! (Note to readers: If you haven't read JUST ONE SPARK or COOKING UP A STORM, you don't know what you're missing!)

What's next for Jenna Bayley-Burke?

Amanda: I have a novel in consideration with Mills & Boon right now, and am about to start writing another. I hope to pen four this year, as well as try my hand at a novella. All while avoiding chocolate. Maybe.


Thanks for stopping by, Jenna! Stay tuned tomorrow for another interview...this time with Faith Bicknell-Brown!

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 6:59 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------