Tuesday, January 30, 2007



A Conversation with Kit Wylde

It's the last day of the Interview Marathon. Only two more days before the release of the charity anthology and the big exciting launch party in Gemma's chatroom at www.gemmahalliday.com/chat

Today I'm chatting with the last author alphabetically, Kit Wylde.

Amanda: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Kit: I’m a 40 something woman who’s been teaching fifth grade for the past 15 plus years and have been reading romance even longer (too many years to count). In my early thirties, I began writing romance. My first story was sold to Wild Child Publishing, and that was the beginning of my writing “career”. Fortunately, my husband is very supportive.

Amanda: Your story in the anthology is "Secret Valentines". What is it about?

Kit: Valentine, or Val as he is called, is a man disconnected with life. He prefers not to feel if given the choice. When his company assigns everyone secret valentines, Val is annoyed to say the least. But as he comes to know his secret valentine, Cliodhna O’Cleirigh, he realizes that life can be a wonderful experience when you participate.

Amanda: How did you get involved in this project and why did you want to participate?

Kit: Marci first told me about it back in June or July — I don’t remember which. She was very excited about the anthology. I was too and instantly offered up “Secret Valentines” for the anthology. Being a public school teacher for as long as I have, I have seen many instances of both child abuse and domestic violence. The toll it takes on our society, our children, and every single member of this planet is beyond what much people would ever believe. It happens much more often than people think. I have also had friends who pulled themselves out of abusive relationships, seen them lose their jobs, their homes, their pets. It’s devastating. While I donate clothes and other necessities to our local shelter, I firmly believe that educating the public and helping people recognize the signs of an abusive person is our only hope of truly eradicating it.

Amanda: The cover of LAST CHANCE is beautiful. What is it about?

Kit: LAST CHANCE tells the story of Susan Pell who escapes a verbally abusive relationship and finds peace living alone (if you don't count the two match-making ghosts who are the original owners). Just when she decides to enter the dating pool again, in walks Max Lancaster, a sexy cowboy who happens to be her neighbor. Max has been given a free reading in the hopes that Susan will be able to predict his future. The attraction between them is instant, but his obvious disgust with her profession makes Susan want to have her way with him then strangle him for being such a close-minded fool. No matter that the ghosts say he's the one, Susan's not buying it. Avoiding him doesn't help, nor does dating someone else. When Susan vows to forget him, fate (with a little help from the ghosts) take matters into their own hands.

Amanda: Who are your favorite authors?

Kit: Oh my, well that’s a tough question. I used to love Jude Devereux and still enjoy her works. I also really like Zinnia Hope, Christine Feehan, Teresa Medeiros, Bronte.

Amanda: What's next for Kit Wylde?

Kit: I have WIP in progress titled THE WHISPERING HOUSE that is contracted with Freya’s Bower. It’s set in the Fresno area again in a “haunted” house. This one is less comedic and lighthearted and more of a dark, horror-esque erotic story... With an HEA. I much prefer books that end with an HEA. (smile) After that, I do have another story idea percolating that would be a time travel romance with a tentative title of TIME SUSPENDED. As I haven’t even begun the outline, I cannot say when it will be ready to submit.

Thank you for the wonderful interview, Amanda!



And thanks to you, too, Kit!
Anyway, this concludes my series of interviews. I hope everyone has enjoyed learning more about the authors involved in this wonderful collection. Go buy the book when it hits the shelves on Thursday! LOL!

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 3:17 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------