Tuesday, January 30, 2007



What a Nice Surprise!

I came home from work today to discover that I had a package slip in my mailbox. So I went to the front desk to see what it was. The concierge brought out two boxes. Hmmm...I couldn't imagine what it could be.

When I upstairs, I greedily ripped it open, only to discover that it was a box of copies of DREAMS & DESIRES, our charity anthology. Yup, that's right...I'm in print!

And a few days early, too!

The official release date is Thursday, February 1. You can find the book in your local bookstore (if they aren't stocking it, ask them to order it...it's available on Ingrams so most bookstores can order it), online through Borders or Barnes & Noble, or on the Freya's Bower website.

Remember, all stories, editing, and cover art have been donated, so 100% of net profits are being donated to a battered women's shelter.

I just looked through the book and it looks beautiful. I've aleady read the stories in my PDF review copy, and they're all excellent. But don't take my word for it...here's what reviewers and other authors are saying:

"DREAMS AND DESIRES features terrific short stories ranging from sweet to sizzling and penned by some of the leading lights in today's romance and erotica genres. Buy it to help a great cause, read it for the great stories!"
~ Lauren Baratz-Logsted, author of VERTIGO and HOW NANCY DREW SAVED MY LIFE

"With a story to suit every appetite, Dreams and Desires is a delicious collaboration. Kudos to the authors for taking readers on a delightful journey while promoting a wonderful cause.”
~ Joanne Rock, author of DON'T LOOK BACK and THE KNIGHT'S COURTSHIP

"From the first story to the last, these stories are filled with hope, love, and the promise of the future... I highly recommend Dreams and Desires for those of you who cherish your romances... a fantastic read..."
~ Rose, Reviewer for Romance at Heart

"Anthologies can be risky for a reader - will all of the stories live up to the same high expectations? Will the next story be as good - or better - than the one just finished? With Dreams and Desires , the answer is a resounding yes; I'll be looking for many of these authors in the future. When you reach the end of Dreams and Desires , you'll be left craving more of these short reads.”
~ 5 Kisses from Deborah Barone, Romance Divas

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 6:13 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------