Sunday, February 04, 2007



Are You Ready For Some Football?!

Awwwww, yeah! It's Super Bowl Sunday! I know I have some overseas readers, so they probably couldn't care less, but here in the US, it might as well be a national holiday.

So what's your fave part of the Super Bowl? The pregame show? The game itself? The halftime show? The Puppy Bowl? The commercials?

I must admit that I'm a self-proclaimed Super Bowl commercial junkie. That was always my fave part, even going back all the way to elementary school. (I guess that's why I work in trademarks today.) I remember in second grade (or maybe it was 1st grade...I don't remember--I had the same teacher both years) we made puppets out of pantyhose for an assignment and then had to write our own script for a puppet show. The group I was in had a character named Herb, from the Burger King commercial that debuted during the Super Bowl (yeah, I'm dating myself).

Interestingly, I think the Bears were in the Super Bowl back that year, too.

When I was a little kid, my brother and I were huge Bears fans. It's not like we had any real reason, either. I've never even been to Chicago. But Refrigerator Perry was the team's star, and we thought he was awesome.

But fast-forward to today. I really like Peyton Manning and think he deserves a Super Bowl win. So I don't know who to root for tonight.

Maybe I'll root for the puppies instead. Do you watch the Puppy Bowl? I think that's just the cutest thing ever.

Oh, so I know I'm sounding like a Mrs. Giggle fan-girl or something, but I just had to gush about her latest review. Not sure how she got her hands on it, but SHE'S GOT LEGS is her Spotlight Romance Review today!!! And she gave it an 88!

"She's Got Legs is a funny and romantic short story and because I've had fun reading it, I wish the story is longer so that the good time will last a little while more. Nonetheless, I realize that I really enjoy the author's voice, her sense of humor, and her ability to balance cynical humor with unabashedly romantic happy endings so these these two apparently contradictory elements end up complimenting each other very nicely. Give me more, give me a longer story, just give me - I want to read more from this author."
http://www.mrsgiggles.com/books/brice_legs.html

Wow! First a 90 for DREAMS & DESIRES, now an 88 for SHE'S GOT LEGS! Someone needs to scrape me off the ceiling...

Labels: , ,


Posted by Amanda Brice :: 7:36 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------