Sunday, February 25, 2007



I Hate the Snow

I really need to move back to Arizona. Or Hilton Head. Or somewhere warmer than here.

Well, it looks like the snow we've been getting all day has finally turned into a so-called "wintery mix" of freezing rain and snow. But that still doesn't help, because I already drove through heavy snow.

I went into the office this morning, planning get a good 6 hours in. I'm taking a few days off this week to accompany my hubby to the Virginia Bar Exam in Nofolk. We've both already passed another state bar, but fortunately my job isn't making me take Virginia. But his is, so I figured I'd go down there for moral support (and to get some lovely spa treatments while he writes essays and fills in multiple-choice bubbles).

But I didn't want to take too much vacation time for this trip, so I figured I'd get some work done today. Little did I know that their warnings of a "wintery mix" would come true, and would actually be a lot heavier than they'd predicted.

When I left the apartment at 7:30 this morning, the roads were fine and nothing was coming down. Three hours later, Mr. Brice called me and told me I should come home.

He wasn't kidding. I've never seen snowflakes that large before in my life, and I grew up "up north." And apparently the good folks of Alexandria have never heard of the concept of snowplows or salting the streets, because it was AWFUL! The snow was piling up really fast, and I was fishtailing all over the place.

I finally got home, but it took me over 45 minutes for what should have been about a 15-minute drive.

The snow seems to have subsided by now, a mere 3 1/3 hours after I left the office.

Anyway, I really hate the snow. When's spring coming?

Labels:


Posted by Amanda Brice :: 11:14 AM :: 14 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------