Monday, February 05, 2007



I Love TV...

I have a serious TV addiction. OK, maybe not an addiction, because there are really only some shows I watch. But I lurve the ones I do watch.

One of my fave shows is "How I Met Your Mother." Such a hilarious show. Not sure how many people are really watching it, though, because I don't know too many people who actually do. But it's seriously one of the funniest, smartest shows on TV. It works on so many levels.

Tonight's episode, about trying to avoid learning the results of the Super Bowl so you can watch it on TiVo the next day was freaking brilliant. I couldn't stop laughing!

I think my favorite bit was when Barney (Neil Patrick Harris's character...picture Doogie Howser all grown up and turned into a total horndog in a suit) breaks down and decides to track down the scores to find out whether he's won or lost money. He's running down the street and runs into Emmit Smith, so he asks him who won the Super Bowl. Emmit says "Oh, that was last night? Once you've got a couple of rings, they all blur together" (or something like that). Barney then says something like "What's more important than the Super Bowl?" and Emmit says in a real dead pan, "Dancing."

OK, I guess you had to watch it.

And then on "The Class" (which comes on right afterwards), Jerry Rice has a cameo. Of course, you all know my "Dancing with the Stars" obsession, so of course I'm amused. :)

But seriously, the "How I Met Your Mother" episode was brilliant.

And I so totally relate. For the last several weeks, I've been avoiding watercooler chitchat and reading entertainment columns. Mr. Brice has bar review class at night, so he has to miss 24. And because he doesn't have time to watch it until after the bar exam, I decided to not watch it either, in a show of solidarity. (Because I'm such a good wife, and all.)

We'll have a 24 marathon in March!

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 5:30 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------