Wednesday, February 07, 2007



Let's Go Duke!

Here we go Devils, here we go! (clap clap)
Here we go Devils, here we go!

If you can't go to college, go to State!
If you can't go to state, go to jail!
If you can't go to jail, go to Hell!
Go to hell, Carolina, go to Hell!

Go to Hell, Carolina, go to Hell! (clap clap)
Go to Hell, Carolina, go to Hell! (clap clap)

Um, yeah, I'm a little obsessed, huh? What can I say? I went to college at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, Durham Campus (aka Duke University).

Tonight's the big game. Duke students camp out for literally weks for a chance to get inside tiny Cameron Indoor Stadium. My junior year, I camped out for 7 weeks for the game. And I wasn't even in Tent 1, either! (I think we were around tent 60 or so)

I always swore that I would never get married between the months of November and April. Well, after a brief fit of insanity where I thought that getting married 3 weeks after the bar exam would be a good idea), Mr. Brice and I moved the date up to March 6, 2004. I figured it would be OK, because it was the week before the ACC tournament. Sure, it would be the same weekend as the Duke/Carolina game, but the wedding would be on a Saturday night and that game is ALWAYS on Sunday afternoon, right?

Right?

Wrong.

ESPN just *had* to go and switch things up in the TV schedule, moving the game to a 9 pm EST Saturday night tip-off. Considering that my reception started at 7 pm MST, um, yeah.

I arranged for the hotel to turn the game on in the hotel bar, since I knew that a good percentage of my guests would want to watch. Oh, who am I kidding? I wanted to watch! Anyway, I snuck away with some friends to the hotel bar to watch tipoff then ran back to the ballroom for our first dance.

Then ran right back to the bar...I could skip salad, right?

A few minutes later, Mr. Brice found me and a group of my college buddies in the bar.

Mr. Brice: Amanda, you need to get back to the reception. They want to serve dinner!
Me: Oh, that's OK. They can go ahead.
Mr. Brice: No they can't.
Me: Yes they can...Yes! (cheering as JJ Redick scores)

He lets out a long sigh and says "Um, you're the bride. They won't serve dinner unless you're seated and ready to eat."

Who knew?

Anyway, let's go Duke!

Labels: ,


Posted by Amanda Brice :: 2:52 PM :: 7 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------