Thursday, February 01, 2007



New Blogger, Busy Chat, Tense Basketball Game, and Cool Contest

Why? Why Did They Make Me Get the New Blogger?

I really didn't want to, but alas, they made me. Grrr. At least I didn't lose anything. I'm sure Jodie wouldn't have been too happy if I went crying back to her to ask her if she could make me a new custom-designed template. LOL!

Anyway, thanks so much to everyone who attended our super cool chat in Gemma's chatroom tonight. Wow! I think we had over 50 people at one point...it was HOPPING! I could barely keep up! If you missed out on the fun, don't worry. We'll be chatting again in 2 weeks, on February 15 in the Romance Divas chatroom.

Well, I'm watching the last 55 seconds of the Duke-Virginia game and wow, it's tense! Duke's up by 2 and just lost a shot. Now VA has a chance to tie or take the lead, but about 30 seconds to go.

And now it's tied at 61 points and going to overtime. Yikes!

This game is a big one for us in my family. Many, many of us are Duke grads (me, my mom, my dad, my grandpa) and only one measly one of us is a Virginia grad (my brother). Of course, it's my brother's birthday tonight, so I'm sure he'd be a very happy boy indeed if they were to win.

Anyway, while I'm waiting for OT to start, let me tell you about the contest that Rhonda Stapleton (www.rhondastapleton.authorsabode.com) and I are running.

We're holding a joint Valentine's Day contest to help promote the DREAMS & DESIRES charity anthology, as well as the release of her new ebook, STRIPPED.

My story in DREAMS & DESIRES is called "Love @ First Site" and it's about online dating. So I'm holding a "Best First Dates" contest. Simply send me a story (in 500 words or less) of your best ever date (need not be online dating) to contest@amandabrice.com by February 12, 2007.

Rhonda's story in DREAMS & DESIRES is called "Baring It All for Mr. Right" and it's a story of what just might be the worst first date scenario ever! So she's holding a "Worst First Dates" contest. You get the idea...send her your stories of bad first dates (in 500 words or less) to rhonda@rhondastapleton.net by February 12, 2007.

We'll choose the winners and post them on our blogs and websites on Valetine's Day.The winner of my contest will receive a "Date Night Prize Pack," including candy, a fun "date night"-type DVD, lotion, and a copy of a book on seduction techniques (can't remember the title, but I bought it a couple of weeks ago for this contest).The winner of Rhonda's contest will receive a "Bad Date Night Consolation Pack," including chocolate, a chick flick DVD, and a candle.Start thinking of your stories.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

OK, overtime just began, so I gotta run...

Posted by Amanda Brice :: 7:59 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------