Saturday, May 05, 2007



The Prodigal Blogger Returns (or, Happy Birthday to me)...

OK, OK, I know. It's been, well, FOREVER, since the last time I blogged. Mea culpa. March and April were just so beyond busy for me, that I couldn't get on here.

But I'm back. And today I turn 30.

Yup, I now have a 3 in front of my age. It's the start of my fourth decade on the planet, and I'm officially no longer a kid playing grownup.

Lots of stuff has happened since I last blogged (no, I didn't sell CODENAME, but hopefully that's on the horizon). Probably the biggest is that Mr. Brice and I bought a house. A real house, too, and if you're from the DC area, you'll know what a big deal that is. We had an insanely short closing, and we're still moving in, but we plan to spend our first night in the house tonight.

I'm also on the negotiating team at work, negotiating the new performance appraisal plan for the incoming attorneys. It's a lot of work, but it's something different to do (I'm not doing my normal job as a result of this). We reached impasse and are going to mediation, starting Monday.

Also starting Monday, I'm teaching an online class on basic intellectual property law that writers should know. You can find out more details and sign up at: www.neorwa.com under "online workshops." As an added bonus, I'm donating my entire fee that NEORWA is paying me (which is 50% of all collected registration fees) to the Romance Divas Scholarship Fund, to pay for a well-deserving member to attend RWA Nationals.

Anyway, it's my birthday, so this means presents. Presents for you, that is.

I'm running an impromptu contest. Send an email by midnight your time zone to contest@amandabrice.com and you're automatically entered to win a free copy of my mini-ebook, SHE'S GOT LEGS.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Amanda Brice :: 5:19 AM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------