Wednesday, June 20, 2007



When Did My Life Become a Chick Lit Novel?

A few weeks ago, I blogged about when I locked myself out of the house but stuck inside the screen porch. That was so freaking hilariously funny apparently...to other people. Not to me. At least not at the time.

Now I do think it's funny, but it wasn't at the time.

A few days ago, I did something equally dumb and deserving of a scene in a chick lit novel. It all started when I joined the gym at work. Completely inoccuous and good, right?

Wrong.

I wanted to go to yoga class after work on Thursday but I was runing late, so I decided to change in my office rather than in the locker room. I locked the door, closed the shades, and changed.

All good.

I don't work on Fridays, but I came in on Sunday briefly to get some work done on an appeal brief. When I got into my office, I discovered a stack of cases on my chair, obviously put their by my boss after he reviewed them (sad to say that there was a lot of red on them...grrr...).

So I picked them up so I could sit down, only to discover a...




...black bra!

Yup, evidently I have a thing for leaving unmentionables in my office. So yeah, my boss definitely saw my bra when he came into my office on Friday to drop off cases. The fact that he covered it up with the files pretty much establishes that as a fact.

For those blog readers who know my boss, you'll definitely find this story kinda funny yet distrurbing at the same time. For those of you who don't know my boss, I'm sure you'll just find it funny.

I, for one, find it humiliating.

But anyway, yeah. So when did I become a chick lit heroine? Because it seems like I'm getting more and more fodder for funny scenes just in my real life...

But it brings up a good point. I guess the reason I realte to chick lit so well is because the heroines are real. They're goofy, they do dumb things. So I can laugha nd look at them and say, "At least I'm not that neurotic/messed up/dumb/goofy."

Only, apparently I am...

Labels: ,


Posted by Amanda Brice :: 12:02 PM :: 8 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------