Tuesday, July 24, 2007



London Calling...

I leave for London 1 week from today! Can you tell I'm psyched?

Seriously, my brother is The. Best. Brother. Ever. I'm serious. It was awesome of him to be studying in Paris this summer, so I can go visit him without paying for a hotel.

Anyway, Mom and I are flying into London because it was $1200 to fly roundtrip from DC to Paris, yet it was $700 if we flew an open jaw trip (DC to London, then the return is Paris to DC). Go figure. So by saving $500 per ticket, we get to go to London. Even with paying for two nights of a hotel room in London, sightseeing in London, show tickets in London (we're seeing "Fame" and "The Complete Works of Shakespeare"), and the Eurostar train tickets from London to Paris, we're still coming out well ahead.

It's basically a free trip to London!

Which is awesome, because I've never been to London. I've been all over Western Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Monaco, Germany, Belgium) but have never made that jump across the Channel. I'm really looking forward to it, even if it's just for two days.

And then 5 nights in Paris!!!! Whoo-hoo! OK, maybe 4 nights in Paris, because we might spend a night in Giverny.

This will be my 5th trip to Paris, but I'm no less excited for this one than for any of the other times I've been there. OK, maybe a little less excited than the time I went there for 4 months to study at the Sorbonne...

Labels:


Posted by Amanda Brice :: 7:25 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------