Monday, October 22, 2007
Does the person you love...
* Track all of your time?
* Constantly accuse you of being unfaithful?
* Prevent you from working or attending school?
* Discourage your relationships with family and friends?
* Criticize you for little things?
* Anger easily when drinking or using other drugs?
* Control all finances and force you to account in detail for what you spend?
* Humiliate you in front of others?
* Destory personal propoerty or sentimental items?
* Hit, punch, slap, kick, or bite you or the children?
* Use or threaten to use a weapon against you?
* Threaten to hirt you or the children?
* Forece you to have sex against your will?
If you find yourself saying yes to any of these, IT'S TIME TO GET HELP.
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past several years, you undoubtedly know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. However, it's also Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
I wish these two important issues didn't share a month. I'm so happy that breast cancer no longer holds the stigma that it once had and that every year researchers come closer to finding a cure. But domestic violence is also a pervasive disease that can affect anyone at anytime.
We need to find a cure for this disease, as well.
There's one little way that you can make a difference. By purchasing the Dreams & Desires
anthology from Freya's Bower, you help abused women and children. All proceeds -- that's 100% of the profit because all stories, editing, and cover art was donated -- will be donated to a battered women's shelter in Florida. We'll be putting out a second volume in February 2008, with all proceeds going to a shelter in California. This will be an annual project.
So buy a copy today. You get great stories by some fantastic women writers and help out an important cause.
For the month of October, all formats (ebook, trade paperback, hardcover) are discounted at http://www.freyasbower.com/content/view/132/77. The book is also available in stores and on Amazon.com but you'll only receive the discount through the publisher directly.
Posted by Amanda Brice ::
7:38 AM ::
Post a Comment